What is your Secret to Productivity
Focus on Minutes / Not Hours
- 1,440 Minutes in a Day
- Keep a schedule that is almost Minute by Minute
- Master your Minutes : Master your Life
Dedicate your Mornings to the most important Task
- 60-120 Minutes each morning spent on the Most Important Task without Interruptions
DON’T Use a To-Do List
- Schedule everything on your Calendar
- Work and Live by That
- Undone tasks will stay in the mind / 41% Never Done.
- Use a Calendar to Avoid (Zeigarnik effect) Stress/Insomnia.
BEAT Procrastination with… Time Travel
- Prepare for how your Future-Self will defy what you set in motion
- Anticipate, Come up with a solution
Make it home for Dinner
- “There is always more do be done, more that should be done, more that can be done.”
- 1,440 Minutes should be allotted for everything else important.
- (Family, Healthy Food Habits, Meditation, Mind wandering, Exercise, Relaxation)
Use a Notebook
- Always carry a notebook, write everything down
million dollar Lesson you don’t learn in Business School
- Free your mind by getting every thought out
Process Emails only a few times a day
- Schedule your time to check emails
- Either once a day / Morning, Noon & (OR) Night
- Like everything else, Schedule your time to take care of a situation on YOUR-OWN Time so you don’t get caught responding to every “Bing” or unnecessary message throughout the day.
Avoid Meetings at all COSTS
- LITERALLY = COST
- Only take the meeting if someone is writing a check
- Meetings are Notorious Time Killers
- Run fewer meetings for yourself, if you Need to…–>
- Keep it short and to the point
Say No to Almost Everything
- If something isn’t a “Hell Yeah” then it’s a “NO”
- Remember you only have 1,440 Minutes in a Day…–>
- Don’t Give them Away EASILY
- This is the Difference between the Successful / Very Successful
Follow the 80/20 Rule
- (The Pareto Principle) = 80% Results Stem from 20% Activity
- Ultra-Productive People know which activities Drive the Greatest Results
- Focus on Those, Ignore the rest
Delegate Almost Everything
- DON’T Ask How Can I do this task?…–>
- How can this task get done?
- Don’t divide, Delegate
- Good enough is well, Good enough
Touch Things Only Once
- Deal with it right there
- If it takes less than 5-10 minutes
- Reduces stress and Re – evaluation of a problem
Practice a Consistent Morning Routine
- Nurture your Body with…–>
- Healthy Breakfast
- Light Exercise
- Nurture your Mind with…→
- Inspirational Reading
- Inspirational Journaling
Energy is Everything
- You can’t have more than 1,440 Minutes in a Day.
- You CAN Increase your
- Attention / Focus / Productivity
- Successful People don’t Skip Meals, Sleep or Breaks
- In the Pursuit of More
- View Food = Fuel
- View Sleep = Recovery
- View Breaks = Opportunity to Recharge to get more Done.
Bringing it All Together
You aren’t the Olympian, Entrepreneur or Billionaire who uses these methods… we don’t want you to be. A legend is forever on the map, here’s to the race.
By: Jarrod Andre Thompson
Aka Roddy Pauper OR RODDY LEGEND
Sources Cited: Travis Bradberry Author, Emotional Intelligence 2.0
Insight: People who are consistent with using a calendar are three times more likely to be millionaires than those who don’t keep a set schedule, Socio-Economist Randall Bell Says.